Sunday 21 December 2014

Golden Shock Lipstick

Christmas is just around the corner and everyone is ready to celebrate, the city becomes decorated with round and dew drop shaped ornaments, and it is also the time of the year when businesses release limited edition Christmas products. Like most makeup brands, Dior has released the Golden Shock collection. One of the products in this range is the Diorific Golden Shock lipstick, it consists of two colours ( a matte and metallic ). I was in love when I first laid my eyes on it, the colours in the range were amazing and the idea of a two-tone lipstick was quite unique.


I decided to purchase the colour Daring Shock, and I have to say I am not disappointed.


In the first row of the image below are my lips with the bold matte colour. In the final row are my lips with nothing but the shear colour. The middle row however shows my lips with an ombre effect. The way I applied the colours was by first lining my lips with the matte side, followed by filling the inside of my lips with the metallic, and then finally adding more of the matte to blend the two colours and to create a smooth gradient. Initially I thought this lipstick had two tones for this purpose which is another reason why I bought it. I believe that the way you are actually supposed to apply it is by firstly using the matte followed by the metallic on top.


(I tried to get the best light possible, however this was a little bit tricky for me, but I did the best I could! sorry ):    )

Overall the application is extremely smooth, the colours are great for the Christmas season and the durability is satisfactory.

As I mentioned before, I fell in love, and I am not falling out of it for this lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment